As a Freedom Data customer, you are part of an on-going, dynamic business relationship. Our communication with you does not end with the implementation of your system. We provide a range of support services including:
Regular Support Hours
Call us toll-free to reach a support technician during regular business hours.
**All times are Central time zone.**
8:00am - 8:00pm
Extended Support Hours
For your convenience, our Support department offers extended hours at a billable rate to handle your emergency calls only.
Note: Extended Support is billable at $45 per hour, with a one hour minimum.
8:00pm - 8:00am (billable)
Friday 8:00pm - Monday 8:00am (billable)
We provide new software releases each year as part of your monthly support charges.
For each new release, we provide updated software documentation at no additional costs.
User Group Conferences
Regular user meetings provide the opportunity to enhance your system knowledge and to network with other users.
Our alliances with related service vendors offer you cost savings in a variety of areas.
General Guidelines Before Calling Support
Following the guidelines outlined below will allow us to provide the best possible service to all our customers.
- Read the most current documentation and any help messages for "how to."
- Ask others in the store "how to."
- Do a print screen, if possible.
Be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Has this ever happened before?
- Did you do anything differently?
- Have there been any changes to your system lately - new hardware or software?
- Click on Debug, then press the [H] key and press [ENTER]. This brings up a help screen that provides important details about the program exception.
- Press [SHIFT] and [PRINT SCREEN] to get a print of the help screen.
- Call our Support department and give the details of the program exception.
- Do not do anything else to your system.
When Reaching a Technician
- Give complete, specific information.
- For a program exception, provide exact information displayed on the screen.
- Tell the support technician what you were doing at the time the problem occurred.
- Be at the computer/station when calling for support.
If Voice Mail is Reached
Clearly say your name, store name, location, phone number where you can be reached and leave a detailed message. A technician will return your call as soon as possible.
Note: Never reboot or turn off a computer unless it is part of the normal closing procedure or you have been told to do so by one of our support technicians. Doing so could cause serious problems.